Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Report on "Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret"

     Are You There God?  It's Me, Margaret is about a girl named Margaret who moves from New York to New Jersey.  She is in a new school with new friends and is happy to join a secret club where her and three others talk to each other about growing up.  She experiences the ups and downs of being a pre-teen  and learns lessons on the way.
     This story shows a lot of inner thinking because Margaret tells the story in the third person.  It helped me to feel her emotions and understand what she is going through.  For example, when she says rude things to Laura Danker because she heard a rumor, I would have thought that she is mean.  When the book shows her inner thinking, I understand that Margaret made a mistake and that she felt really horrible about it.  As I read through the book I learned about her different qualities, both good and bad.  Listening to Margarets thought guided me through the book and helped me understand the other characters.  I enjoyed reading from Margarets point of view, and I would recommend this book to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment