Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My Name Piece

     My name connects to me through both the sound and the meaning.  Meredith.  It sounds unique and different, just the way my personality is.  Meredith means lord which connects to princesses and nobility.  I have always loved the Disney princesses in their flowy, shimmery dresses, and their perfect hair.  I specifically loved, and still love, Sleeping Beauty or Aurora, as she goes by name.  I thought that I looked very much like her when i was little.  We had the same long blond hair and i decided I was a princess, too.  I would prance around the house claiming my name was Sleeping Beauty, and my dad decided to have a little fun with it.  He made a name that I thought was like a sparkly tiara or a beautiful gown into a disgusting bug.  He called me 'Stinky Booty.'
     Though I had a nickname that I hated, I have always loved the name Meredith.  Besides the fact that the name connects to princesses and being noble, people have written on what people named Meredith are like, and it's ridiculous how much the writing describes me.  SheKnows.com states that people named Meredith tend to be leaders rather than followers and I am very different and do what I want to do instead of what everyone else does.  The website also says that we have creative goals and ideas and we work very hard to get them, and I am a person that is very determined to get or achieve what I set my eyes on.  It says that we can be aggressive, impatient, proud, and/or stubborn, and I can't argue with any of that, and I can't fight with the fact that they say Merediths are courageous and unique.  My name is like a key that unlocks my inner self, and I would never want to be called anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment